Last night was wonderful. The surprise dinner involved a relaxed walk through Paris, Le Louvre and across La Seine. We then boarded La Marine – 200ft River Cruiser for a spectacular dinner and trip up and down La Seine. As we turned at Liberte (The Original Statue of Liberty) – the Theme from New York was playing and as we arrived at La Tour d’Eiffel, we coincided with the hourly (sparkly) light-show! Delightful! Ironically, we have a weekend trip to New York planned for late November where we will, amongst many other activities, climbing the Rockefeller and Empire State. We’re also going to the Matinee of the Radio City Christmas Show (which is a cheese-o-rama that truly leaves you with a mile-wide fixed smile). We’re planning a meal in the (De Niro owned) Tribeca Grill and after that I had intended we visit Lady Liberte (which has been refurbished). My autre-demi has made it clear with that ‘oh-so-disgusted’ look that he has recently become an adept at, that we will probably not be doing that.
As suspected – I knew the wine would be a bad idea. The menu tonight is fish – so Red Wine is a no-go... And my other half is not impressed with me buying French Wine in the UK to re-import!!! The ‘look’ is out again! Bearing in mind I taught him everything I know about wine, I think he may be cruising for a bruising!