Taking Tesco to France...16 Oct 09, Paris

Not only am I celebrating 5 years with the wonderful human being that is my other half, this weekend, but tomorrow we celebrate his Mother’s Birthday at his Brother’s apartment in Paris.
The last time I was over in Paris, we took an unplanned walk through Bercy Village and came across a Farmers Market. I foolishly tasted some cheese and found myself buying it only for it to still be regarding me 3 weeks later when I open my fridge in Kent. I also made the mistake of tasting some rather good Red Wine, St Emillion Grand Cru I think. Anyway, 3 bottles and a Magnum later I was £80 down... Though I hasten to add they were all ‘keepers’ best ready in 2-4 years and I did buy one specifically for my partner’s mother. But that’s her gift from me.
For the birthday party tomorrow we’ve been asked to bring some wine. I’m taking 2 bottles of St Joseph 2006 from the Tesco’s Finest range – reduced from £9.99 to £6.99 a bottle.
I suspect that importing French Wine from the UK will raise some eyebrows.
Taking Tescos to France.
Really!